School Readiness refers to the skills a child needs to start school well. Identifying areas for development before starting school will help your child get their best start.
Common questions parents have about school readiness include…
- How does my child get along with their friends?
- Are they socially and emotionally ready?
- How young is too young?
- My child still makes pronunciation mistakes, is that ok for school?
- Are their language skills age-appropriate?
- What are pre-literacy skills? And do they need them before they start? (Isn’t that what they’re supposed to learn when they get there?)
Entering primary school is an exciting step in every child’s development. Above all, at Talkshop, our goal is to support kids to develop the skills they need to do their best at school. Read on for more information on school readiness skills and tips for preparing your child during the year before Kindergarten.