School Readiness is an umbrella term capturing the factors that influence a successful start to school. As a parent, you can identify the signs of school readiness and ensure your child is ready for this transition in their life.
Common questions parents have about School Readiness might be…
- How does my child get along with their friends?
- Are they socially and emotionally ready?
- How young is too young?
- Are their speech sounds ready?
- Are their language skills age-appropriate?
- What are pre-literacy skills? And do they need them before they start? (Isn’t that what they’re supposed to learn when they get there?)
While primary school is certainly a big change from preschool, it is an exciting and vital step in every child’s development. At Talkshop, we work with children to help them develop the skills they need to make their best start at school. Read on for more information on what school readiness skills are and how you can prepare your child during the 6-18 months leading up to starting school.